Monday, November 2, 2015

10 artworks of the AIC


Tall Figure
I think this sculpture is abstract, similar to Louise Bourgeois's Woman with Packages


Frank Lloyd Wright
Frank Lloyd Wright is one of the most famous America architects. I've done a video assignment about him, so I want to learn more about his work. And this window reminds me about Piet Mondrian's work Trafalgar Square. I think there are some similarities about them.

Virgin and Child with the Young Saint John the Baptist
 When seeing this work, another similar work comes to my mind. When we learned the visual elements, we've learned a term called implied shapes. And it explains this term with Raphael's work The Madonna of the Meadows. I think these two works are very similar, so I want to see it.

                    Portrait of Marevna
        It's also an Cubism artwork, I want to learn more about this style.


Water Lily Pond
The Japanese bridge and water lily pond were two of the most common subject matters in Monet's artworks. And I've heard a story about him and his wife, so I want to see his work.

Mosaic Fragment with Man Leading a Giraffe
 We've learned something about the cave paintings from the book, I think it's also interesting to see this mosaic fragment.

Little Harbor in Normandy
Picasso and Georges Braque were the pioneers of Cubism. I've just done a slide presentation about Cubism last week, so I want to see some works about Cubism to learn more.

American Gothic
Everyday when I go to school, I will see this artwork in the CTA platform. Now searching the web, I finally know the background story about this work, so I want to see it.

Self-Portrait
We've learned Vincent van Gogh in class. His works are expensive now, but ignored at the time when he lived. He didn't lead a happy life, but he has become a cultural hero for us. So I want to see his work.
                   
A Sunday on La Grande Jatte
It is one of the most famous artworks in the world. I just read an article about this artwork a week ago. The artist used two years to finish this work. He painted many people in it, but it didn't look crowded. Light and colors made the whole work harmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment